The IWRM HelpDesk provides advice and support related to the design, implementation, and evaluation of water-related policies, plans and programs. The IWRM HelpDesk services pertain primarily to governmental bodies and institutions at river basin, national, and provincial/state levels. Here are the main areas of guidance offered through the IWRM HelpDesk:
- Advice and advocacy for flood, drought and integrated water resources management policy and strategy formulation;
- Technical water and climate advice on the (inter-) national, regional and local level;
- Facilitation of workshops and trainings supporting the Integrated approach of flood, drought, and water resources management;
- Development and provision of flood, drought, and water resources management tools and capacity building materials; and
- Formulation of objectives and scoping for flood, drought, and water resources management management proposals.
- Advice and provide guidance and capacity building on gender inclusion and gender transformative approaches in at different levels.
Trainings can be organized on a demand-driven basis, and individually tailored to the requesting parties and governments. The scope, duration and topics vary but can generally be divided into the following:
- Short vocational trainings or workshops (3-5 days) on the principles and aspects of IFM, IDM, and or IWRM for policy makers, development planners, and water and disaster management professionals with a priority on the national and basin level.
- Training of trainers workshops (1-5 days) for capacity building institutions targeting vocational training of relevant professionals.
- National workshops analysing the current flood, drought and/or water resources management situation and developing strategic national frameworks in accordance with the IFM, IDM, and IWRM concept.
Please fill in the form to submit your request for assistance to the IWRM HelpDesk.