Welcome to the Youth for Water and Climate (YWC) Community!
The Youth for Water and Climate Programme, is an 8-month capacity-building program for young professionals in the water and climate sector, young people will be able to gain some of the necessary skills needed to develop their career in the water and climate field.
The programme is led by the International Secretariat for Water, Solidarity Water Europe, cewas, Global Water Partnership, Global Water Partnership Hungary, Global Water Partnership Slovakia, and Good Planet Belgium and, financed by Erasmus+.
The Programme targets youth aged 18-30, currently based in Hungary, France, Sweden, Belgium, and Slovakia, who wish to develop bankable projects in their communities or wish to pursue a career within an existing organization in the water and climate sector.
This community will facilitate information, experience, and resource sharing between the participants, in order to improve resource and knowledge sharing at the global, regional, national, and sub-national levels. This space will also facilitate the active engagement of and interaction between practitioners and youth advocates working to advance the implementation of water and climate activities.
The objectives for this community of practice are:
- Be a safe place for collaborated and coordinated actions for youth on Water and Climate
- To build leadership and intergenerational knowledge sharing and networking between youth and senior experts
- Improve the quality, storage, and sharing of knowledge resources and learning approaches
This Community is private and is only open to participants of the ongoing YWC Programme. At the end of the programme the content will be open to the wider public.
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using these community spaces, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content with the community in which it is meant to be utilized.
Below are a few rules and guidelines on how to act appropriately in the Community to guarantee a positive environment and constructive and democratic exchanges.
- Keep it friendly. Every post should make a positive contribution. The Community is open to all points of view on the intended topics; mature, polite debate is encouraged. Attacks or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated. The Communities are meant to stimulate conversation and trigger the exchange of best practices not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are of course welcomed, but should always be thoughtful and respectful, rather than emotional, impulsive or anger-driven.
- Use clear language. Avoid using abbreviations and acronyms without clarifications. Aim to make experts and non-experts benefit from your input.
- Write succinctly to get your point across more effectively. Include a link to external content when appropriate.
- Keep the focus on the thematic area of the community. The Community is dedicated to the topic of water and climate and how youth can contribute, influence and leadership; it is not a place to share general news or for political debate.
- Share information and resources that are useful and informative to other members. Be careful not to offend the sensibilities or invade the privacy of others.
- Do not interrupt someone else’s thread in an attempt to change the topic or request support for a different issue. If you have a different issue, find the appropriate discussion thread or email the moderators with a specific concern.
- Racial or ethnic slurs, aggressive language, profanity, threats, or language that is offensive to other cultures, groups, or religions is not tolerated.
- Be honest, be yourself. The Community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between Members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your participation by only contributing content you know is accurate. Be mindful to respect the "closed" environment of GWP’s online communities and do not forward messages to non-members.
Thank you and we appreciate your adherence to these guidelines.
Thank you from
The YWC Team